When the blacks stand up and fight back against the gang bangers as well as the dope pushers the shootings will cease.
But sadly that will not happen because the blacks have brainwashed by the DemocRats and the black misleaders to distrust law enforcement.
They have been told the police are racist that only want to kill blacks.
he two cousins had planned to settle in for a night of playing video games, but first, the boys, 15 and 17, wanted to walk to the nearby gas station for something to eat.
“Probably junk food,” said Genice Hines, the mother of the 15-year-old, with an eye roll and a smile.
It felt like a normal Friday night, until Hines received a call as she left work. Her son and nephew, two close friends, had been shot.
The boys were standing on the sidewalk in the 1300 block of South Independence Boulevard in the West Side’s Lawndale neighborhood when they heard gunfire, police said. They were about a block from the gas station at Roosevelt Road and Independence.
The 15-year-old was grazed in the head, and the 17-year-old was shot in the abdomen. They took themselves to Mount Sinai Hospital where they were both in good condition.
“Chicago is a scary place to be,” Hines said. “Even I’m scared to walk to the corner store.”
The boys were among 20 people shot Friday and early Saturday, one of them fatally. Three other juveniles were wounded in attacks in the city, including a 12-year-old girl.
The shootings come as the department adds 600 officers to patrol the streets this weekend in the districts most affected by gun violence following the city’s most violent weekend in more than two years.
At least 74 people were shot last weekend between 3 p.m. Friday and 6 a.m. Monday, 12 of them fatally.
The homicide happened around 8:10 a.m. Friday when an 18-year-old man was found in an alley with a gunshot wound to his head in the 2900 block of West Pershing Road in the Brighton Park neighborhood on the Southwest Side, authorities said.
The man, identified as Dylan Zavala, of the 1600 block of South Washtenaw Avenue, was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital where he was pronounced dead at 8:50 a.m.
In other shootings:
- Around 2:20 a.m. Saturday, a 16-year-old boy and a 31-year-old man were on the sidewalk in the 5200 block of West Congress Parkway in the West Side’s South Austin neighborhood when they heard gunshots and realized they had been shot. They were stabilized at Loretto Hospital, the boy with a wound to the leg and the man with a wound to the back.
- A male was shot in the buttock and groin by two males around 1:55 a.m. when he was standing outside in the 4000 block of West Grenshaw Street in the Lawndale neighborhood on the West Side, police said. He walked into St. Anthony’s Hospital and was listed in fair condition.
- A 21-year-old man was shot in the abdomen around 11:15 p.m. Friday by someone in a black SUV while he was standing on the sidewalk in the 2800 block of South Komensky Avenue in the Little Village neighborhood on the Southwest Side, police said. He was stabilized at Mount Sinai Hospital.
- Around 10:20 p.m., two men, 29 and 33, were shot by someone in a black sedan while they were on the sidewalk in the 100 block of East 123rd Street in the West Pullman neighborhood on the Far South Side, police said. The older man was stabilized at Roseland Community Hospital with a gunshot wound to the foot. The younger man was stabilized at Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn with a wound to the leg.
- About 7:10 p.m., a 37-year-old man was shot in the leg in the 6400 block of South King Drive on the South Side, police said. He was taken to Saint Bernard Hospital and Health Care, where his condition had stabilized.
- At 6:15 p.m., a 20-year-old man was shot multiple times by a gunman riding a bike in the 5200 block of West Washington Boulevard on the West Side. He was listed in serious condition at Stroger Hospital, police said.
- About 5:05 p.m., a 41-year-old man was inside an abandoned building in the 11000 block of South Michigan Avenue on the Far South Side when he began arguing with someone he knew. The person he was arguing with drew a gun and shot him in the right leg, police said. He was taken to Roseland Community Hospital where his condition had stabilized, police said.
- Five minutes earlier, a 17-year-old boy was shot in the Northwest Side’s Belmont Central neighborhood in the 2300 block of North Major Avenue. He suffered a wound to the abdomen, and was taken to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, where his condition was stabilized, said police.
- About 4:45 p.m., a 15-year-old boy and a 29-year-old woman were shot in a domestic-related attack in the South Side’s South Shore neighborhood in the 2200 block of East 79th Street. The boy suffered a wound to the face, and friends took him to the University of Chicago Medical Center, where his condition was stabilized. The woman was shot in the back and was listed in critical condition at the same hospital, police said.
- About 3:20 p.m., a 28-year-old man was shot in the South Side’s Washington Park neighborhood in the 5100 block of South Prairie Avenue. A dark-colored car pulled up and someone fired, hitting the man in the left leg and foot. He was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center, where his condition was stabilized.
- About 11:45 a.m., a 25-year-old man was shot in the left calf in the 8300 block of South Ada Street on the South Side. He was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where his condition had stabilized.
- Shortly before 9:15 a.m. in the Gresham neighborhood on the South Side, three people were sitting on a porch in the 8800 block of Parnell Avenue when shots were fired from a passing vehicle, police said. A 12-year-old girl was shot in the left foot, and taken to Comer Children’s Hospital, a 24-year-old man suffered a wound to the left thigh and was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn, and a 25-year-old man also shot in the left foot was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center. The conditions of the victims from the Parnell attack had stabilized, police said.
No arrests have been made.