H/T The Lid.
The drive-by media will never report the results of this Zogby Poll.
Wow, the Zogby Poll is usually way left-wing but in this case, they published a poll showing that Americans are behind the president on the issue of the migrant caravan. The latest survey by Zogby Analytics finds that 51 percent of Hispanics and 57 percent of all Americans back President Trump’s policy of preventing the migrant invaders from entering our southern border.
Per the Washington Examiner’s Paul Bedard:
Overall, 57 percent of likely voters agree with the Pentagon deployment, and the support is largest among the base of Republicans and older Americans that President Trump is rallying in his effort as he storms the nation to help the party retain control of the House and Senate elections in Tuesday’s congressional midterms.– story continues below
(…)Said the analysis, “51 percent of Hispanic respondents agree with the deployment of troops to the border to halt the migrant caravan; slightly less than half (49 percent) disagree. Also, 30 percent of Hispanics strongly agree compared to 28 percent who strongly disagree.”
This an interesting finding. Even immigrants or people of immigrant backgrounds feel that these several invading caravans are dangerous and should be stopped. And this conclusion about the caravan is despite what CNN’s clown prince, Jim Acosta thinks.
Some of the other findings of the poll include
- Support for the military deployment to the border was pretty widespread demographically. Majorities of voters in the east, south, and central regions (56-62 percent agree/38-44 percent disagree) supported the deployment of troops.
- The only region where there was a majority who disagreed was in the West (51 percent disagree/49 percent agree).
- Majorities of likely voters in large cities (55 percent agreed/46 percent disagreed), small cities (67 percent disagree/34 percent agree), suburbs (56 percent disagree/44 percent agree), and rural communities (57 percent disagree/44 percent agree).
- Democrats were most likely to disagree (69 percent), but 31 percent of Democrats did agree with sending troops to the U.S. – Mexico border. Republicans overwhelmingly support (91 percent) sending the military to the border. Independents were also in support of sending the military (53 percent), while 47 percent disagreed.
- Men were much more supportive–43 percent strongly agreed, and 66 percent agreed overall (strongly and somewhat agree combined). Women were split 50/50 on the deployment of troops.
- Millennials age 18-29 were more likely to disagree with military deployment—57 percent disagree/43 percent agree. Older voters age 65+ were most likely to agree strongly (51 percent) and 69 percent agree overall, while 31 percent disagree.
So, it looks like Donald Trump is on the right side of this issue for the most part.