John McCain is dead and Jeff Flake is leaving but now we are getting as the author of this article called him Flaky McCain in the loser Mittens Romney.
Mitt Romney, recently placed in the U.S. Senate by the Mormon Church in Utah, is already vying to become the next John McCain or Jeff Flake with an ignorant and needless op-ed attacking President Donald Trump. All before Mittens even takes his seat in the upper chamber.
Mitt Romney really only has one well-earned political success to his name and that is his work for the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics in 2002. Since then he has been a multiple loser, a traitor to the Republican Party, and now apparently aims to become the next loud-mouthed, Flakey McCain of the U.S. Senate.
For his first of only two electoral successes, Romney won the governorship of Massachusetts in 2002. But he was a terrible Republican Governor. He had one tiny term, couldn’t get re-elected, and during that short term he gave us the basis for the disastrous Obamacare when he passed socialist healthcare in the Bay State in 2006. His governance was indistinguishable from a Democrat.
His second electoral win was manufactured by the Mormon Church in Utah when he ran for U.S. Senate last year. And he had to carpetbag all the way across the nation to do it.
In the meantime, he ran for Senate a few times and ran for president a few times and was crushed every time.
Mitt Romney is a left-winger. He is no leader of the center-right.
And now Romney is out attacking the president and doing so before he even takes his seat in the Senate.
“His conduct over the past two years, particularly his actions this month [December], is evidence that the president has not risen to the mantle of the office,” Romney wrote in his screed in the Washington Post.
But, we really should not be surprised. Romney is a snake and has backstabbed Trump many times already. Breitbart News listed some of the most recent times Romney backstabbed the president:
- February 2012: Romney seeks, and receives, Trump’s endorsement in the Republican presidential primary, beating several other contenders who wanted the billionaire’s backing. The Romney campaign proudly touted Trump’s nod. CBS News reported at the time, “Romney’s campaign formally unveiled the endorsement at an event in Las Vegas.”
- March 2016: Romney delivers a speech in Utah devoted entirely to trashing Trump: “Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud. His promises are as worthless as a degree from Trump University. He’s playing the members of the American public for suckers. He gets a free ride to the White House and all we get is a lousy hat.” However, with the primary still undecided, Romney declined to support any of Trump’s rivals, meaning the speech amounted to little more than abuse. (Some of those present at the time speculated Romney was laying the foundation for a political comeback.)
- November 2016: Romney, humbled by Trump’s victory, offers to join President-elect Trump’s cabinet, and seeks the job of Secretary of State. After meetings at Trump Tower, Romney fails to win the job — but issues a statement praising Trump and thanking him for the opportunity: “It was an honor to have been considered for Secretary of State of our great country. My discussions with President-elect Trump have been both enjoyable and enlightening. I have very high hopes that the new administration will lead the nation to greater strength, prosperity and peace.”
- February 2018: Romney receives Trump’s endorsement in the GOP primary for U.S. Senate in Utah and accepts it — despite having declared in 2016 he would not have accepted Trump’s endorsement if given the choice again.
- January 2019: Romney publishes an anti-Trump op-ed in an anti-Trump newspaper on the first day of the new year — declaring, without irony: “A president should demonstrate the essential qualities of honesty and integrity.”
Mitt Romney is a traitor and a loser and Utah should be ashamed.